Monday, January 16, 2006

finally getting there (I hope)

The one thing that prevents me from diving whole heartedly in this journal adventure is setting up this blog. I know it can be done but I'm struggling... I finally succeeded to upload a picture on my profile, will spare you the details, but I'm having a hard time seeing what I have done really apear in the blog. I was a bit aprehensive about the journal part because I thought it would take up to much time to read all those blogs and I don't really want to spend more time on the computer (that way I'll never finish my UFO's LOL). But I like the way you all are putting links in the thread that refer to reveals and work in process. I really like the way some have broke down their working process in steps with clear pictures. I've also had very quick responses to questions I had about techniques. So again a great group from which I can learn so much. So I have to kick myself into gear and try to link up with the rest of you. I'll try to catch up with the january reveal. (This month I had a great distraction, my mom's 80th birthday that we celebrated big with her twin brother and family). I will try some thread painting as well to add detail to applique images. I've done a frog wall hanging in the december artimage challenge. I just did applique the frogs down with a satin stitch (well sort of LOL) but often I'm a bit afraid to do extra stuff for fear it might spoil things. So i have a couple of left over frogs and since I'm a frugal Dutch I'll use them up in this one and stitch away without fear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Nice to meet you! This is a nice group, isn't it. I also am new to this and pleasantly enjoying all the people, the comments and suggestions, and the active participation by so many. Looking forward to seeing your journal quilt.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Wow, a comment, so maybe it will come allright with this blog after all LOL Debra took pity on me and helped me out. Nice to meet you too, I still have to make the rounds to all the blogs but looking forward to all the reveals.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm still wrestling with the blog learning curve but it's getting easier. I've also been lurking around thinking about joining the ArtImage challenge - as if I need more to do. The January reveal will be fun!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Granny Fran said...

GLad you got your blog going and will be in this with us. I had quite a time setting mine up and felt so ignorant but isn't Debra a great teacher? Glad you're doing more frogs.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Marianne,

I've been blogging for over a year (and with blogger). If you have any real questions, just ask me. (but can you maybe wait until the BlogHer website goes live on Monday?)

debroby at sbcglobal dot net

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home